COLLABORATION, OUR CORE VALUE
Our network of members and partners is our greatest asset at CERISE. We work collaboratively with a richly diverse partner base, including microfinance institutions, professional associations, researchers, TA providers, standards setting organizations, investors and donors.
CERISE coordinates with this range of actors to co-develop user-friendly tools and resources available for free (registered under Creative Commons licences).
Collectively, we aim to innovate and generate knowledge.
CERISE is grateful to each one of our partners for their support. Whether it’s providing feedback on our tools, helping with translations, or just making suggestions, their contributions allow us to provide demand-driven services that bring tangible benefits to users.
If you would like to participate in the development of tools and resources, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR BUSINESS MODEL
CERISE’s multi-disciplinary team drives our business activities.
We work at two levels:
- Social innovators – setting standards and developing tools for actors in microfinance, social business and rural finance.
- Service providers – offering high value added services to accompany practitioners in their adoption of ethical finance approaches.
60% of our budget is self-financed through service contracts. The remaining 40% is met with subsidies, which allows us to innovate, create tools and uphold our open-access approach.
In particularly, we thank the follow partners for their invaluable support:
- Liechtenstein Development Service
- Ford Foundation
- Development and Cooperation service of the Swiss Development Agency
The Fondation Charles Léopold Mayer pour le Progrès de l’Homme (FPH) was also fundamental in the founding of CERISE.
CERISE often invests our own capital to launch new initiatives (working groups, research, case studies). We also provide services to clients looking to innovate.
These contracts help us improve our tools and carry out research that not only meets our clients’ needs, but help advance knowledge and support innovation in ethical finance.